Homework time with Lisa Zahiya! Watching this video with Aida of Russia and working on baladi progression skills! She transitions into a drum solo…i am trying to capture her absolutely juicy shimmies occurring around 7:01-7:10!
Do you all like her style?
Things I see here that I need to work on include the following:
- arm extension over head…practiced arm patterns
- layered shimmies with hip circles
- hip circle to back, quick reverse forward…
- hip circles deep with flat back
- deeper undulations
- arms moving with purpose
- more upper body movements…chest drops to dum dum
- slow slow slow circles….
- slower deeper undulations
- cover stage slowly, not frantically
- diva walk, with foot drag, snake arms
So what are you working on?